Work has been pretty smooth-sailing lately. Never had to stay beyond 7pm for the past 3 weeks. Gotta enjoy my time off while I can! New engagement next week and its at ... PIONEER. Feels like travelling to NTU all over again, except I don't have a hall room to stay in anymore. Thinking about crashing a friend's room.. but exams will be over by then and it will not be fun staying alone :/
Okay, point of today's writing is because my counsellor/manager praised me today! He was reviewing my work and after updating him on what I managed to complete and my queries, he said 'very good'. I may be making a big issue out of nothing (who knows, he may say it to everyone who worked for him), but hearing recognition for your work really really makes me happy. I started linking things up on how I can be happy in this job.
To receive compliments and acknowledge for a job well-done, I have to put in effort to understand and check each number. To do that, I must not be lazy and just accept everything for what it is. To not be lazy, I have to be motivated. To be motivated, I have to like what I'm doing. To like what I'm doing, I have to feel passionate and happy for my work. To feel that way... I need to be given recognition for what I'm doing? To show that my efforts do help to lift the work of others and contribute to the end result of an audit.
So, I just need to start somewhere.