Friday, July 26, 2013

Europe Day 4; Italy, Pisa

I am waiting for my laptop to finish downloading Suits, which is a really great drama! Really should have started on it sooner. Oh well, I have plenty of time on my hands now anyway.

Soooooooooooooooo, reluctantly, I am gonna update on my time in Italy! Looooove that we can find cheap gelato EVERYWHERE. Something to look forward to when you're tired from walking. We started off in Pisa, which is a really small city! We went to Pisa just to see the...

Leaning tower of Pisa! We were so excited because we had always wanted to do the leaning poses against this tower. So cliche but this monument was a dream place for us since young. 

Like this candid shot alot hehe. So so excited!! We were gushing when we saw the leaning tower from afar. We were supposed to go the next day initially, but we met this tourist couple from our apartment who had plans to visit the tower at night so we tagged along! The couple were having their honeymoon after two years of marriage. Think they were in their 50s. So sweet :)

We proceeded to do our own selfies while standing on the stone obstacle you can see in the picture above. Took many shots but I shall just upload this one hehe. 

The nightlife in Pisa is really nice too! There were many others sitting along this aisle, chatting and enjoying the night breeze. 

We headed to the pubs near our apartment for drinks, and a certain friend of mine got real high hehehe. Went back to the apartment when we decided we had enough, and in the frontyard were some Sicilian students drinking and chatting. They were very friendly! They immediately greeted us when they saw us walking in. My high friend then proceeded to have a veryyyyy funny conversation with them. I shall protect her identity heheh. They asked us to teach them swear words in Chinese, and we taught them swear words in Hokkien because it sounds.. more crude. They taught us some in return as well :P

Pisa is fun, though one day there is more than enough! Glad that we interacted with friendly locals and tourists. And also happy that there's that one person in the group that always makes things more interesting and fun. :D 

Was talking to Kaka and Serlina about how travelling makes you see how a person really is. A couple actually broke up after travelling together because the guy couldnt stand how his gf acted throughout the trip. Was really surprised when I heard that but.. there will definitely be tension when you see the other party 24/7 for a long period of time. So Serlina and I came to the conclusion that couples should have a long holiday together alone before deciding if they are suitable for marriage life. Hehehe. I am glad I travelled with my hall mates though! We are used to 'living' with one another. :D

Ciao! :)